RMQ Vader : when disaster Strikes

I got myself a Ralph McQuaries Vader concept helmet. It was an opportunity and I thought why not. It arrived in ok conditions but immediately realized the inner gel coat was brittle and separating from the main cast, it became evident with the tip of the brow broke for no reasons. I could fix that !

then on to cutting parts away, sanding, cleaning , prepping for the first primer coat…so far so good. Then it slipped, feel on the floor and broke into pieces. That puzzle of a helmet could not be glued, and really that gel coat kept and weakening the whole structure.

That much money in the trash I decided to test a new technique by using wood filler to resculpt that area. It seemed to have taken and after letting it dry for a couple of days started sanding. This will be a display piece only for sure !