Happy Accident

One thing I have learned from my design workflow is that I need to experiment to “stumble” upon the right design solution… and I apply that in costume making. I was not happy with the undersuit of my zombie trooper; the latex skin patches were ok but too many miss-match in colors and with the new silicon mask I did not feel it was good anymore.

Tried a few things, and then remembered the days I was building my xenomorph and the industrial glue I was using. Long story short I tested the leftover on the undersuit and it did what I thought it would: yellowish amalgam of glue that can layer on to create “fake skin”. Better yet, once dried it was fully paintable.